What is the Ushintsho Programme?
Ushintsho means “open to change”.
The Ushintsho Programme is one of SAICA’s digital transformation initiatives that aims to provide a comprehensive and single view of the SAICA value chain, improve member experience, and drive business process efficiency through the:
1. Implementation of a modern Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
2. Replacement of legacy applications with the new CRM system
3. Integration of current applications (that will not be replaced) with the new CRM system
4. Migration of data from legacy systems to the new CRM system
How is the Ushintsho Programme being implemented and what has been achieved?
The programme will be implemented in six stages. The following has been achieved to date:
- Stage 0 was completed in 2018 and delivered the blueprint for the full programme. It enabled the pogramme team to prioritise the features that are critical in mitigating the risks associated with the legacy applications.
- Stage 1 was completed in 2019 and resulted in streamlined business processes that have made it easier for SAICA staff to service members timeously. In addition, the Member Portal was launched with full functionality available for CA(SA), AGA(SA) and GAA members. It is a convenient platform used by members to log queries with SAICA instead of sending an email or calling the Contact Centre, resulting in improved member engagement. The portal is also used for new membership applications which has improved the process and improved SAICA’s paper footprint as applications are processed without any printing required.
What is the current focus and what are the next steps?
Stage 2 of the programme is currently in progress and the anticipated completion is in 2022. It will result in improved customer service for members and streamlined processes for most business areas at SAICA. Full functionality on the Member Portal will be available for AT(SA) members as well. In addition, members will experience a new automated CPD process, improved online seminars and events booking function, access to billing and account information online and access to membership certificates online as well as the ability to request hard copies if required.
The additional stages of the programme, Stages 3 to 6, will result in an end-to-end online-based application platform for Thuthuka Bursary Fund applicants, improved Enterprise and Supplier Development, Socio-Economic Development and SMME Development service offering which will enhance member economic and B-BBEE points. In addition, improved tracking of donor contributions and donor engagement. It is anticipated that the programme will be complete by the end of 2025 with all stages delivered.
What is the Member Portal?
Full functionality is currently available for CA(SA), AGA(SA), AT(SA) and GAA members. It can be used by SAICA members to log and track queries with SAICA, eliminating the need to call the Contact Centre or send an email.
What functionality is available on the Member Portal
The Member Portal can be used by SAICA members to:
- Log queries
- Track and follow up on logged queries
- Receive feedback / updates on logged queries
- Accept / reject query resolution
- View history list of all logged queries
- Request membership confirmation letters
- Request letters of good standing
- Request for affidavits
- Manage membership status
- Update some personal details
The Member Portal can also be used by new CA(SA), AGA(SA) and AT(SA) members to apply for membership.
SAICA members will be able to use the Member Portal to do the following by the end of Stage 2:
- View and pay membership fees and other invoices
- Book seminars and events
- Complete annual CPD declaration
- Access membership certificate online and request a hard copy
Member Portal access and sign up
To access the Member Portal:
- Follow the direct Member Portal link: https://my.saica.co.za/ OR
- Click on the Member Portal tab on the SAICA website homepage
To sign up for the Member Portal:
- Complete all the details and steps required as indicated on the sign-up page to get login details for Member Portal
- Please note: Login details will be different from the SAICA website login details as the portal requires an email-based login
- Refer to the How to Documents and How to Videos available on this page
- Contact the SAICA Contact Centre on (0)8610 SAICA (72422) – SA members and +27 (0)11 621 6600 – International members