Gear up for Thuthuka
Join the Thuthuka initiatives and make a difference, by enabling aspiring CA(SA)s, to pursue their dreams
Gear up for Thuthuka is an inspiring initiative that our SAICA community has started to support the Thuthuka Education Upliftment Fund, a fund geared at transforming the Accounting profession. This initiative is one of many, aimed at raising funds to make a meaningful difference in the lives of aspiring CA(SA)s.
About Thuthuka Education Upliftment Fund
TEUF was established 21 years ago with the aim of keeping the accounting profession alive and well, but also giving Coloured and African learners the opportunity to pursue their dreams of becoming chartered accountants. Under TEUF is a Thuthuka bursary fund, which has empowered over 3000 students to date and aims to empower even more in the coming years.
The Vision Behind Gear up for Thuthuka
As Difference Makers, we are united by a common goal to empower the next generation of accountants and professionals in our field. We firmly believe that education is a powerful tool that can break the cycle of poverty and open doors to countless opportunities.
Our goal is simple yet powerful: to raise funds to support the Thuthuka Educational Upliftment Fund, enabling more deserving students to access quality education and transform their lives.
The fun never stops for the Thuthuka. Whether its volunteering, fundraising or spreading awareness about the cause, there is a role for anyone who is passionate about empowering youth. With your involvement we can make a positive change. Below are upcoming 2024 initiatives, you can get involved in:
- Joburg City Marathon 10 February
- Two Oceans Ultra Marathon 13 April
- Durban International Marathon 28 April
- 2024 Comrades Marathon 9 June
- Cape Town Marathon 20 October
- Soweto Marathon 3 November
HOW GEAR UP FOR THUTHUKA WORKS
There are many ways one can make a difference, you can donate, mentor, start or join a cause:
- Fundraising: choose a fund raising activity and contribute to making a difference to future accountants
- Individual contributions: you can make an individual contribution to the fund, no matter how big all small – every little bit counts.
- Corporate sponsorships: companies are also welcome to join the cause and contribute to making a difference.