What is an Associate General Accountant AGA(SA)
Associate General Accountant’s (SA) are highly esteemed professionals who behave ethically and drive operational efficiency and quality in the value creation process thus enhancing organisational value. An AGA is a corporate and professional citizen with a specific and specialized background in professional accountancy.
AGA’splay key professional roles within diverse industries and sectors of the economy and market. Professionals who hold this designation have successfully completed a SAICA training contract or assessment to ensure they offer a high proficiency levels of professional values, attitudes and acumens and established on strong set of technical accounting and financial skills to meet the demands and needs of the ever-changing local and international market.
AGAs(SA) are well-rounded accountants with a strong technical-mind, who possess the relevant skill set to balance operational implementation and strategic contribution within the value creation process. Their all rounded ability to drive accountancy and financial excellence in organisations enables them to deliver outputs and drive operational efficiency and quality
Get yourself the distinguishing mark of accounting and financial excellence that sets you apart as a member of a leading and highly respected professional body, SAICA.
Benefits of registering as an AGA(SA)
SAICA provides a wide range of services to members and associates in order to assist them in contributing in key roles in the development of the changing global economy. These services include:
- Standards: Technical advice on tax, accounting, auditing, financial services and legal advisory services, facilitation, and drafting of legislation and standards.
- Member Engagement: Events and networking opportunities, and seminars and workshops, which can help you enhance your competencies while facilitating Continuing Professional Development (CPD) compliance.
- Added Value: Products and services, including a variety of publications such as the SAICA Handbook, Accountancy SA and Integritax.
- Government Lobbying
- Professional Development: Developing and maintaining standards through Education, Training and CPD.
- Transformation and Growth: Through growth in the pipeline, transformation of the profession and investment in Corporate Social Investment activities (such as the Hope Factory).
- AGA Member Information